VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said a man was transported to a local hospital after he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed in the Town of Wheatland in rural De Soto on Wednesday afternoon.
John Johnson, 54, of rural De Soto was traveling eastbound on State Highway 82, near Brown Road when he traveled into the gravel shoulder and lost control. The sheriff's office said the motorcycle left the roadway, went down an embankment and came to rest in a hay field.
Johnson hurt his neck, shoulder, and back in the crash. He was transported to Vernon Memorial Healthcare in Viroqua and was later transferred to Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse.
The sheriff's office said Johnson was not wearing a helmet.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.