VERNON COUNTY, Wis. - The Vernon County Sheriff's Office said a man was transported to a local hospital after he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed in the Town of Wheatland in rural De Soto on Wednesday afternoon.
John Johnson, 54, of rural De Soto was traveling eastbound on State Highway 82, near Brown Road when he traveled into the gravel shoulder and lost control. The sheriff's office said the motorcycle left the roadway, went down an embankment and came to rest in a hay field.
Johnson hurt his neck, shoulder, and back in the crash. He was transported to Vernon Memorial Healthcare in Viroqua and was later transferred to Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse.
The sheriff's office said Johnson was not wearing a helmet.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East