MILWAUKEE (AP) - A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman is in jail for dropping her baby on some concrete stairs, then walking away and telling a police officer she no longer wanted the child.
Police say the woman dropped the child, then approached a passing police squad. The 1-year-old girl was taken to a local hospital Tuesday afternoon where she was treated for injuries to her face. Police say the woman was arrested on a possible charge of felony child abuse. She remains in custody. Police say the child remains hospitalized.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial