MILWAUKEE (AP) - A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman is in jail for dropping her baby on some concrete stairs, then walking away and telling a police officer she no longer wanted the child.
Police say the woman dropped the child, then approached a passing police squad. The 1-year-old girl was taken to a local hospital Tuesday afternoon where she was treated for injuries to her face. Police say the woman was arrested on a possible charge of felony child abuse. She remains in custody. Police say the child remains hospitalized.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day