MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Most road construction projects in Wisconsin will be on hold over the busy July 4 holiday travel weekend.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says most work will stop around noon on Thursday and then resume on Monday, July 7. Peak travel times are expected from between noon and 8 p.m. Thursday and Sunday.
The DOT is still urging travelers to be cautious when encountering narrow lanes and lane shifts which require lower speeds.
Last year four people died in traffic crashes during the July 4 travel period.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs