MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Most road construction projects in Wisconsin will be on hold over the busy July 4 holiday travel weekend.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says most work will stop around noon on Thursday and then resume on Monday, July 7. Peak travel times are expected from between noon and 8 p.m. Thursday and Sunday.
The DOT is still urging travelers to be cautious when encountering narrow lanes and lane shifts which require lower speeds.
Last year four people died in traffic crashes during the July 4 travel period.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration