MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Most road construction projects in Wisconsin will be on hold over the busy July 4 holiday travel weekend.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says most work will stop around noon on Thursday and then resume on Monday, July 7. Peak travel times are expected from between noon and 8 p.m. Thursday and Sunday.
The DOT is still urging travelers to be cautious when encountering narrow lanes and lane shifts which require lower speeds.
Last year four people died in traffic crashes during the July 4 travel period.
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Area organization helping so all girls can go to prom
- Taste of Trempealeau event raises money for public library
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments