MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Most road construction projects in Wisconsin will be on hold over the busy July 4 holiday travel weekend.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says most work will stop around noon on Thursday and then resume on Monday, July 7. Peak travel times are expected from between noon and 8 p.m. Thursday and Sunday.
The DOT is still urging travelers to be cautious when encountering narrow lanes and lane shifts which require lower speeds.
Last year four people died in traffic crashes during the July 4 travel period.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program