EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) - A funeral for Mandy Matula is scheduled for next weekend, and so far more than 850 people say they plan to attend.
The 24-year-old Matula went missing in May, and her remains were found Oct. 26 in a shallow grave in Stearns County.
Police believe she was shot in the head by her ex-boyfriend, David Marshall Roe. He shot and killed himself after agreeing to meet police for questioning.
Matula's funeral will be at 3 p.m. Nov. 10 at Grace Church in Eden Prairie.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that so far, more than 850 people have confirmed on a Facebook memorial page that they will attend.
Matula's story grabbed public attention as family members, friends and community members joined in search efforts over the last six months.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership