LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police have released more details on the drug bust that happened on Monday, April 8 at 2001 State Road on the city's south side.
Eugene Shields, 32, of La Crosse, delivered heroin and cocaine several times between Friday, April 5 and Monday, April 8, according to the criminal complaint.
During the three controlled buys, police say Shields, who is also known as "Big Country," sold them heroin and cocaine. After the third controlled buy, La Crosse police arrested Shields.
According to the criminal complaint, members of the Emergency Response Team assembled on Monday afternoon to carry out a search warrant. Police found a digital scale and a bag in the couch, which contained several plastic baggies that contained heroin, cocaine or traces of the two drugs.
Eugene Shields has been charged with nine offenses, including three charges for manufacture/deliver heroin; Three charges for manufacture/deliver cocaine; one charge for possession with intent to deliver heroin; one charge for possession with intent to deliver cocaine; and maintaining a drug trafficking place.
Shields' preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 19.
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles