TOWN OF CAMPBELL, WI - The Town of Campbell Police Department has released their report on a murder-suicide at an apartment on French Island that happened on Tuesday, August 13.
The La Crosse County Medical Examiner's Office says Dana Shefelbine, 18, of Holmen, was the victim of an edged weapon and blunt force trauma homicidal violence. Jesse Klukas, 22, of the Town of Campbell, died from a suicidal gunshot injury.
The apartment complex's maintenance man, who lived in an upstairs apartment, told police he got a text message from Shefelbine on August 1 that said she had broken up with Klukas and that he had told her not to come back to the apartment because "she wasn't safe there," according to the report.
When police arrived on scene, they broke down the door of apartment no. 6 and found Klukas in an office chair with severe head trauma that appeared to be caused by a firearm. Shefelbine's body was found on the couch.21567196
Dispatch told police they had received information that Klukas had posted a picture of Shefelbine's body on his Facebook page with a detailed message about what happened. Police took down the picture.
After carrying out a search warrant, police took several items from the apartment that were not related to the crime scene. They found a plastic bong, glass smoking pipe, a small baggie of marijuana and a hand-rolled marijuana cigarette, according to the report. Police also collected four more glass smoking pipes and a wallet that belonged to Klukas.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin