ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A medical issue likely caused a driver to crash into a traffic signal on Highway 16 and 157 Friday morning, according to Onalaska police.
Police said at about 9:45 a.m., Xao Xiong, of La Crosse, was going westbound on Highway 16 from the area of Theater Road when his car crossed into on-coming traffic before hitting a traffic signal at the intersection of Highway 16 and Braund Street.
A witness reported seeing the driver slumped over the wheel continuing to travel westbound Highway 16. The car once again went into on-coming traffic and came to rest on a snowbank in front of BMO Harris.
Investigators said Xiong likely suffered a medical complication prior to the crash.
If you witnessed this incident and can provide further information, contact Onalaska police (608) 781-9550) and ask to speak with Investigator Chad Marcon.
The La Crosse Fire Department, La Crosse County Sheriff's Department, Onalaska Police Department and Tri-State Ambulance assisted with this incident.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.