MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - If elected, Monroe County Sheriff candidate Wes Revels said he would start "Coffee with the Sheriff."
Revels said it would give people an opportunity to interact with the sheriff in a relaxed, informal atmosphere twice a month.
"I discovered that there are a lot of questions and concerns from the residents regarding the policing activities of our county," Revels said in a statement. "I found that the residents want to have a greater understanding of the Sheriff's Department and are in need of a method or initiative that allows them the opportunity to discuss their concerns, learn about the operations of the Department and stay up-to-date on safety concerns in their areas."
Revels is running against Monroe County Sheriff Sergeant Scott Perkins. The winner of the race will replace outgoing Sheriff Pete Quirin who is not running. Quirin has endorsed Wes Revels.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests