MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - If elected, Monroe County Sheriff candidate Wes Revels said he would start "Coffee with the Sheriff."
Revels said it would give people an opportunity to interact with the sheriff in a relaxed, informal atmosphere twice a month.
"I discovered that there are a lot of questions and concerns from the residents regarding the policing activities of our county," Revels said in a statement. "I found that the residents want to have a greater understanding of the Sheriff's Department and are in need of a method or initiative that allows them the opportunity to discuss their concerns, learn about the operations of the Department and stay up-to-date on safety concerns in their areas."
Revels is running against Monroe County Sheriff Sergeant Scott Perkins. The winner of the race will replace outgoing Sheriff Pete Quirin who is not running. Quirin has endorsed Wes Revels.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans