MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - If elected, Monroe County Sheriff candidate Wes Revels said he would start "Coffee with the Sheriff."
Revels said it would give people an opportunity to interact with the sheriff in a relaxed, informal atmosphere twice a month.
"I discovered that there are a lot of questions and concerns from the residents regarding the policing activities of our county," Revels said in a statement. "I found that the residents want to have a greater understanding of the Sheriff's Department and are in need of a method or initiative that allows them the opportunity to discuss their concerns, learn about the operations of the Department and stay up-to-date on safety concerns in their areas."
Revels is running against Monroe County Sheriff Sergeant Scott Perkins. The winner of the race will replace outgoing Sheriff Pete Quirin who is not running. Quirin has endorsed Wes Revels.
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Candidates for Wisconsin superintendent face off at forum
- Lawmakers push for hemp comeback in Wisconsin
- Senate to vote on ending ban on Sunday liquor sales
- Madison police recommend charges in fatal Highway 30 crash
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- Flight attendant charged in fake bomb threat signs plea deal
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics