BUFFALO COUNTY, WI - A 16-year-old from Mondovi suffered life-threatening injuries after being pinned under a car during a crash on Friday night.
The Buffalo County Sheriff's Office says 42-year-old Robert Burda, of Nelson, was driving a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire on CTH D near the intersection of CTH I in the Town of Nelson at 4 p.m. Friday when the crash happened.
The 16-year-old, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was thrown from the vehicle as it rolled and was pinned underneath, the sheriff's office said.
Nelson Firefighters were able to free the 16-year-old. She was air-lifted to an Eau Claire hospital. Samantha Kopinski-Smith and Deanna Dregeny, both 18 from Mondovi, were also in the car. They were wearing seatbelts and did not report any injuries.
Burda was transported with minor injuries to Durand Hospital. He was charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated causing injury—4th offense and is being held at the Buffalo County Jail.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse