LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An Eau Claire mom who smoked while pregnant is speaking about the dangers in a national campaign.
Amanda Brenden's daughter was born two months early with a dangerously low birth weight. In her ad produced by the CDC, Brenden says her addiction to smoking played a central role in her baby's health problems, such as asthma.
Brenden visited Gundersen Health System in La Crosse on Wednesday. She's traveling and sharing her story with the goal of inspiring people to keep trying to quit smoking.
"This is a real story, this really happened to me, and this can happen to you if you're pregnant and smoking," Brenden said.
Brenden said she has received a lot of support from family and friends for sharing her story.26999232
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash