LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An Eau Claire mom who smoked while pregnant is speaking about the dangers in a national campaign.
Amanda Brenden's daughter was born two months early with a dangerously low birth weight. In her ad produced by the CDC, Brenden says her addiction to smoking played a central role in her baby's health problems, such as asthma.
Brenden visited Gundersen Health System in La Crosse on Wednesday. She's traveling and sharing her story with the goal of inspiring people to keep trying to quit smoking.
"This is a real story, this really happened to me, and this can happen to you if you're pregnant and smoking," Brenden said.
Brenden said she has received a lot of support from family and friends for sharing her story.26999232
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death