ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A St. Paul man has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder in the disappearance of his wife, whose car was found abandoned at the Mall of America.
The complaint against 39-year-old Jeffrey Dale Trevino says his wife is still missing. But it says there's probable cause to conclude she's dead, based on the amount of blood police found in her home and car, and the fact that it's uncharacteristic of her to go missing for nearly a week without contacting anyone.
Kira Trevino, 30, failed to show up for work at the Mall of America last Friday. Her abandoned car was found Saturday in a mall parking ramp. Police say her cellphone and purse were inside. Investigators searched their home Monday and arrested Jeffrey Trevino on Tuesday.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners