LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It was one year ago that 23-year-old Demario Lee was stabbed to death at a La Crosse Kwik Trip. His alleged killer, 26-year-old Mitrel Anderson, was back in court Monday.
The hearing was largely a procedural discussion for Anderson's trial, which is scheduled for next week.
The defense and prosecution spent the day talking about 28 different pieces of evidence and testimony they'd like to be admitted into the trial, including the history and background of some witnesses.
The two sides also talked about the reputation the victim had in the community.
The defense says Lee was a well-known gang member and drug dealer, and may not have been in the right state of mind the night he was killed.
The prosecution argues this case shouldn't be about the victim's reputation, especially without evidence.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting