LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It was one year ago that 23-year-old Demario Lee was stabbed to death at a La Crosse Kwik Trip. His alleged killer, 26-year-old Mitrel Anderson, was back in court Monday.
The hearing was largely a procedural discussion for Anderson's trial, which is scheduled for next week.
The defense and prosecution spent the day talking about 28 different pieces of evidence and testimony they'd like to be admitted into the trial, including the history and background of some witnesses.
The two sides also talked about the reputation the victim had in the community.
The defense says Lee was a well-known gang member and drug dealer, and may not have been in the right state of mind the night he was killed.
The prosecution argues this case shouldn't be about the victim's reputation, especially without evidence.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest