HOLMEN, WI (WKBT) - Holmen residents ate for a reason on Sunday.
About 250 people packed the Lewis Valley Lutheran Church for a meatball dinner on Sunday.
The meal is part of Mission Fest, a fundraiser to help support local missions in the area.
Guests lined up for lefse, potatoes and of course meatballs and gravy.22788590
Organizers say it's a lot of food to make, but after learning the hard way, they now always have enough.
Organizers say the event raised more than $1,500.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota