MINNETONKA, Minn. (AP) - A police officer on an emergency call broadsided a vehicle at a Minnetonka intersection and killed one person.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Minnetonka Officer Dan Aschenbrener had his squad's lights and siren activated when he collided with a BMW about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. The State Patrol says the victim was alone in the vehicle and was not wearing a seat belt.
The 28-year-old officer was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center where he was treated for minor injuries.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest