ANOKA, Minn. (AP) - A Fridley woman has been sentenced to three months in jail for forcing her 12-year-old daughter to run outside in a diaper with her head shaved as punishment for a failing grade.
Anoka County Judge Barry Sullivan Wednesday called the May incident an "assault" on the girl's dignity.
The Star Tribune reports the girl's mother was immediately taken to jail. The 38-year-old woman will be on supervised probation for two years after she completes her sentence.
The judge also ordered that the mother's boyfriend have no contact with the girl.
The 34-year-old man pleaded guilty to gross misdemeanor aiding and abetting malicious punishment and to a misdemeanor domestic assault case from 2010 for repeatedly hitting his stepdaughter in the legs with a belt. He will be sentenced next week
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death