ANOKA, Minn. (AP) - A Fridley woman has been sentenced to three months in jail for forcing her 12-year-old daughter to run outside in a diaper with her head shaved as punishment for a failing grade.
Anoka County Judge Barry Sullivan Wednesday called the May incident an "assault" on the girl's dignity.
The Star Tribune reports the girl's mother was immediately taken to jail. The 38-year-old woman will be on supervised probation for two years after she completes her sentence.
The judge also ordered that the mother's boyfriend have no contact with the girl.
The 34-year-old man pleaded guilty to gross misdemeanor aiding and abetting malicious punishment and to a misdemeanor domestic assault case from 2010 for repeatedly hitting his stepdaughter in the legs with a belt. He will be sentenced next week
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom