HUDSON, Wis. (AP) - Police in western Wisconsin say a Hudson Golf Course employee from Minnesota suffered severe head injuries when a 55-gallon drum exploded.
Hudson authorities say a UPS driver found Chad Wang of Spring Valley, Minn., semi-conscious on the floor Friday afternoon. The 35-year-old was lying in a pool of blood.
Police said Saturday the injury was apparently the result of an accidental explosion. They say Wang was using an acetylene torch to open the sealed drum, which had a small volume of oil inside. An explosion caused the lid to shoot upward and hit him in the head.
Authorities say Wang may have been on the floor for as long as several hours before he was found.
A message left at Regions Hospital inquiring about Wang's condition Saturday wasn't immediately returned.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns
- CSAs connecting fresh produce to consumers
- La Crosse 12-year-old to clean up skate park with community help
- Thousands honored in La Crosse for volunteering