BAXTER, Minn. (AP) - A woman in Crow Wing County is accused of breaking a police officer's ankle as she struggled against her arrest.
Jennifer Burnos, 40, of Baxter, is charged with obstruction.
Burnos is being held in the Crow Wing County Jail on $75,000 bond without conditions. Baxter police say five officers responded to a call at a home Jan. 8 and were talking to Burnos when they discovered she had a warrant for her arrest in Hubbard County.
The Brainerd Dispatch reports police say Burnos was taken to the ground kicking and screaming and broke the ankle of Officer Joe Sundgaard.
Burnos is scheduled for a hearing Feb. 13.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks