BAXTER, Minn. (AP) - A woman in Crow Wing County is accused of breaking a police officer's ankle as she struggled against her arrest.
Jennifer Burnos, 40, of Baxter, is charged with obstruction.
Burnos is being held in the Crow Wing County Jail on $75,000 bond without conditions. Baxter police say five officers responded to a call at a home Jan. 8 and were talking to Burnos when they discovered she had a warrant for her arrest in Hubbard County.
The Brainerd Dispatch reports police say Burnos was taken to the ground kicking and screaming and broke the ankle of Officer Joe Sundgaard.
Burnos is scheduled for a hearing Feb. 13.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death