SAUK CENTRE, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota State Patrol says a passenger who fell off a motorcycle has died after he was struck by a hit-and-run driver.
A KNSI-AM report says the accident happened late Saturday night just north of Sauk Centre.
Troopers say the victim was a passenger on a motorcycle heading north on U.S. Highway 71. The male fell off the motorcycle and was hit by another driver. The driver did not stop.
The State Patrol is asking for the public's help in locating that driver's vehicle, believed to be a Buick Regal. The car likely has damage to its front bumper area.
The victim's name and age have not been released.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies