SAUK CENTRE, Minn. (AP) - The Minnesota State Patrol says a passenger who fell off a motorcycle has died after he was struck by a hit-and-run driver.
A KNSI-AM report says the accident happened late Saturday night just north of Sauk Centre.
Troopers say the victim was a passenger on a motorcycle heading north on U.S. Highway 71. The male fell off the motorcycle and was hit by another driver. The driver did not stop.
The State Patrol is asking for the public's help in locating that driver's vehicle, believed to be a Buick Regal. The car likely has damage to its front bumper area.
The victim's name and age have not been released.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers