AUSTIN, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a weekend shooting that injured five people outside a southern Minnesota events center likely was gang-related.
Mower County Sheriff Terese Amazi says several gangs were involved in Saturday night's shooting outside a former supper club near Austin.
Witnesses -- including the five victims -- have not cooperated with authorities. Amazi says witnesses are likely not cooperating because of fear of retaliation.
The shooting happened in the parking lot following a hip-hop concert. The sheriff says authorities have recovered one of the guns involved in the shooting. But no arrests have been made.
The Austin Daily Herald reports a 17-year-old from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, who was reportedly shot in his right calf has been released from the hospital. The sheriff says everyone is expected to recover.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration