ALBERT LEA, Minn. (AP) - A casting company is seeking Minnesota residents of Norwegian descent who'd be willing to compete in a reality TV show in Norway.
O'Connor Casting Co. is holding an open call Dec. 1 at the Mall of America for all Norwegian-Americans interested in auditioning. Those selected will appear on the fourth season of Norway's Emmy Award-winning show "Alt for Norge."
An Albert Lea Tribune report says the show stars 12 Norwegian-Americans who fly to Norway and dive into the culture and customs. The contestants face challenges designed to build their endurance and test their courage. The winner receives $50,000 in cash.
The casting company says it's looking for "ambitious, adventure-seeking Americans with Norwegian blood who are 18 years or older and have never traveled to Norway."
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse