GRAND RAPIDS, Minn. (AP) - A northern Minnesota man is charged in a shooting that wounded two people in Grand Rapids Saturday night.
Itasca County Attorney John Muhar says 26-year-old William Payne of Bovey was charged Monday with first-degree attempted murder, as well as kidnapping, terroristic threats, burglary, assault and violating an order for protection.
The victims, a man and a woman, were in critical condition early Sunday.
A woman who had been granted an order for protection against Payne told police she was visiting the man and woman when she heard Payne yell and saw him fire a gun. The witness says Payne pointed the gun at her, dragged her to her car and ordered her to drive.
Payne was in jail with bail set at $1 million without conditions, $750,000 with conditions.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity