HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) - Prosecutors have charged an Apple Valley man with killing his pregnant 37-year-old wife and her fetus.
Thirty-six-year-old Roger Holland is charged with two counts of second-degree murder. Bail is set at $1 million.
Holland called 911 last Thursday to report finding his wife, Margorie Ann Holland, in cardiac arrest at the foot of an apartment staircase. Margorie Holland and her unborn child died at a hospital later that morning.
Roger Holland told police his relationship with his wife was good. But officers found a text message from Margorie Holland saying she planned to divorce her husband.
An autopsy found broken cartilage in Margorie Holland's neck was consistent with strangulation, not a fall down stairs.
Defense attorney Marsh Halberg says Roger Holland has no criminal record or history of abuse.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies