HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) - Prosecutors have charged an Apple Valley man with killing his pregnant 37-year-old wife and her fetus.
Thirty-six-year-old Roger Holland is charged with two counts of second-degree murder. Bail is set at $1 million.
Holland called 911 last Thursday to report finding his wife, Margorie Ann Holland, in cardiac arrest at the foot of an apartment staircase. Margorie Holland and her unborn child died at a hospital later that morning.
Roger Holland told police his relationship with his wife was good. But officers found a text message from Margorie Holland saying she planned to divorce her husband.
An autopsy found broken cartilage in Margorie Holland's neck was consistent with strangulation, not a fall down stairs.
Defense attorney Marsh Halberg says Roger Holland has no criminal record or history of abuse.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest