FRIDLEY, Minn. (AP) -- - A high school football coach has been cited in connection with a prostitution sting outside of Minneapolis.
KARE-TV reports Mark Mauer was one of 19 men and four women arrested in the two-day undercover sting at a Fridley hotel. The men are cited with a misdemeanor of solicitation and the women with a misdemeanor of prostitution.
The 54-year-old is the head coach of the Hill-Murray High School team in Maplewood. He is also the cousin of Minnesota Twins player Joe Mauer.
According to Fridley police, Mark Mauer allegedly agreed to pay an undercover officer $100 for a half-hour of "full service" on Tuesday.
A phone listing could not be found for Mark Mauer on Saturday by The Associated Press. He didn't answer when KARE-TV called his cellphone Friday.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners