MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Appointments are now open for needy children in Minnesota to receive free dental care next month.
The Minnesota Dental Association will hold its annual "Give Kids a Smile" charitable event Feb. 7-8.
Dentists will provide care to 6,000 children at over 200 dental clinics across Minnesota.
It's the 12th consecutive year the event has been sponsored as part of national Children's Dental Health Month in February. Since the program began, Minnesota dentists have provided fee care to nearly 50,000 young people and donated more than $15 million in services.
Patients seeking appointments should be 18 years or younger and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Advance appointments are required.
Parents can find a participating dentist by calling United Way 211 (just dial 2-1-1) or 1-800-543-7709 or by visiting www.mndental.org.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US