MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A 12-year-old boy who was taken to a hospital after being pulled from a swimming pool at a St. Louis Park middle school has died.
Jamie Zwilling, spokesman for the city of St. Louis Park, says class had just ended at about 9 a.m. Thursday when a teacher found the seventh-grader in the deep end while other students were in the locker room.
The teacher jumped in, pulled the student out and began CPR. The student was unconscious and not breathing at the time. CPR was continued by rescue personnel and the boy was later taken to a hospital.
In a statement Saturday, Zwilling indicated they had been notified the student died overnight.
The Ramsey County Medical Examiner's office has not yet released the boy's name or cause of death.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say