MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A 12-year-old boy who was taken to a hospital after being pulled from a swimming pool at a St. Louis Park middle school has died.
Jamie Zwilling, spokesman for the city of St. Louis Park, says class had just ended at about 9 a.m. Thursday when a teacher found the seventh-grader in the deep end while other students were in the locker room.
The teacher jumped in, pulled the student out and began CPR. The student was unconscious and not breathing at the time. CPR was continued by rescue personnel and the boy was later taken to a hospital.
In a statement Saturday, Zwilling indicated they had been notified the student died overnight.
The Ramsey County Medical Examiner's office has not yet released the boy's name or cause of death.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student