MILWAUKEE (AP) - The Milwaukee Art Museum has a new curator of European Art.
The museum has appointed Tanya Paul and she will start in June.
She's currently the curator of European Art at the Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, Okla.
In a statement, the Milwaukee museum's chief curator Brady Roberts says Paul brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the museum. He says she is an asset with her expertise in Dutch still life paintings and European printmaking.
Paul has previously worked at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, the University of Virginia Art Museum (now the Fralin Museum of Art) in Charlottesville, Va. and the J. Paul Getty Museum in California.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser