DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is scheduled to headline an Iowa Republican Party fundraiser in Iowa next month.
Huckabee is to be the keynote speaker at the Feb. 23 event, called "Celebrate Life," to be held at Point of Grace church in Waukee.
The event is aimed at promoting restrictions on abortion, a top priority for social conservatives in the Iowa Republican base.
Huckabee is a popular figure in this segment of the party. He won the 2008 Republican presidential caucuses on the strength of support from evangelical Christians.
Huckabee, an author and popular program host on the Fox News Channel, has visited Iowa several times since his 2008 campaign. He headlined similar social conservative forums in Iowa during the 2012 GOP caucus campaign.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser