DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is scheduled to headline an Iowa Republican Party fundraiser in Iowa next month.
Huckabee is to be the keynote speaker at the Feb. 23 event, called "Celebrate Life," to be held at Point of Grace church in Waukee.
The event is aimed at promoting restrictions on abortion, a top priority for social conservatives in the Iowa Republican base.
Huckabee is a popular figure in this segment of the party. He won the 2008 Republican presidential caucuses on the strength of support from evangelical Christians.
Huckabee, an author and popular program host on the Fox News Channel, has visited Iowa several times since his 2008 campaign. He headlined similar social conservative forums in Iowa during the 2012 GOP caucus campaign.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse