MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A storm expected to hit Wisconsin this week could leave as much as a foot of snow in the Madison area.
A Wisconsin State Journal report says forecasters are predicting 6 to 12 inches could fall along a line from Monroe to Madison, Beaver Dam and Fond du Lac.
The National Weather Service says the storm is expected to hit Wednesday night into Thursday.
The agency says gusty winds up to 40 mph could create blizzard conditions.
Areas along Lake Michigan are expected to receive more rain than snow because of winds off the lake.
Meteorologists are expecting temperatures this week from the mid-20s to high 30s.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls