SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - An adult male is in custody after authorities in Sparta discovered a meth lab at a home on Iband Avenue early Tuesday morning.
Crews were called to 8047 Iband Avenue at about 4:50 a.m. to respond to a reported gas smell.
Firefighters quickly found indications of a meth lab. Investigators from the Monroe County Sheriff's Department and State of Wisconsin DCI were called to the scene. After executing a search warrant, they collected items related in the manufacturing of methamphetamine.
Authorities arrested an adult male. His name is being withheld pending the Monroe County District Attorney's Office review for charges.
DCI made arrangements for a government contracted hazard material team to collect the hazardous materials that were collected during the search warrant.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain