SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - An adult male is in custody after authorities in Sparta discovered a meth lab at a home on Iband Avenue early Tuesday morning.
Crews were called to 8047 Iband Avenue at about 4:50 a.m. to respond to a reported gas smell.
Firefighters quickly found indications of a meth lab. Investigators from the Monroe County Sheriff's Department and State of Wisconsin DCI were called to the scene. After executing a search warrant, they collected items related in the manufacturing of methamphetamine.
Authorities arrested an adult male. His name is being withheld pending the Monroe County District Attorney's Office review for charges.
DCI made arrangements for a government contracted hazard material team to collect the hazardous materials that were collected during the search warrant.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser