BIWABIK, Minn. (AP) - St. Louis County sheriff's deputies are looking for two men who allegedly used police emergency lights to attempt to pull over a female driver.
The woman told authorities the incident happened on county Highway 4 about five miles south of Biwabik Saturday after dark. A small, unmarked car used dash-mounted police emergency lights, but she became suspicious of the men's appearance when she saw them in her rear-view mirror.
Sheriff's officials say she drove away and was not pursued.
WDIO-TV says sheriff's deputies advise any driver who's suspicious of a traffic stop to drive to a well-lit or populated area, call 911 to report the incident, and request identification of any person claiming to be an officer.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather