BIWABIK, Minn. (AP) - St. Louis County sheriff's deputies are looking for two men who allegedly used police emergency lights to attempt to pull over a female driver.
The woman told authorities the incident happened on county Highway 4 about five miles south of Biwabik Saturday after dark. A small, unmarked car used dash-mounted police emergency lights, but she became suspicious of the men's appearance when she saw them in her rear-view mirror.
Sheriff's officials say she drove away and was not pursued.
WDIO-TV says sheriff's deputies advise any driver who's suspicious of a traffic stop to drive to a well-lit or populated area, call 911 to report the incident, and request identification of any person claiming to be an officer.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests