MCFARLAND, Wis. - The McFarland village president was found dead in his home Wednesday, according to city officials.
Village administrator Don Peterson told News 8's sister station, WISC that Mike Harried, 51, was nearing the end of his third term as the village president. Harried served four terms as a village trustee before being elected president.
Peterson said Harried was an employee of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Police Chief Craig J. Sherven said there's nothing to indicate anything suspicious about the death.
The village board will have the option of holding a special election to fill the president's seat, but Peterson said it's more likely the village board will appoint a trustee to the position because the current term only lasts until April.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse