MCFARLAND, Wis. - The McFarland village president was found dead in his home Wednesday, according to city officials.
Village administrator Don Peterson told News 8's sister station, WISC that Mike Harried, 51, was nearing the end of his third term as the village president. Harried served four terms as a village trustee before being elected president.
Peterson said Harried was an employee of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Police Chief Craig J. Sherven said there's nothing to indicate anything suspicious about the death.
The village board will have the option of holding a special election to fill the president's seat, but Peterson said it's more likely the village board will appoint a trustee to the position because the current term only lasts until April.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says