LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse is expanding one of its parking lots.
Construction started Monday on Lot #2, next to the Cancer and Surgery Center. The crews are leveling the lot and reconfiguring it to add about 50 spots.
Mayo says this is a change people have been asking for.
"It's going to be a great thing when we finish in 6 weeks," said Amy Noel, Vice President of Specialty Care. "It will be a little chaotic in that period of time, but I think we have some good plans in place to accommodate our patients, visitors, and employees."
Construction should be done by July 18th.
In the mean time, Mayo Clinic Health System will have more golf carts going to pick up patients at other lots and recommends anyone with an appointment to arrive 20 minutes early.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure