LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic Health System in La Crosse is expanding one of its parking lots.
Construction started Monday on Lot #2, next to the Cancer and Surgery Center. The crews are leveling the lot and reconfiguring it to add about 50 spots.
Mayo says this is a change people have been asking for.
"It's going to be a great thing when we finish in 6 weeks," said Amy Noel, Vice President of Specialty Care. "It will be a little chaotic in that period of time, but I think we have some good plans in place to accommodate our patients, visitors, and employees."
Construction should be done by July 18th.
In the mean time, Mayo Clinic Health System will have more golf carts going to pick up patients at other lots and recommends anyone with an appointment to arrive 20 minutes early.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners