ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic Health System announced Monday it finalized the purchase of 187.4 acres of land near Sand Lake Road in Onalaska.
The Clinic said it does not have an immediate plan for the use of the land, but it provides an opportunity to do long-range planning for the future.
The organization is "seeking ways that we can work differently, provide care differently, and broaden access to health care for everyone in the area," Mayo Clinic Health System spokesman Rick Thiesse said in a statement.
The organization will meet with community and business leaders and seek input from its patients.
Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare has a hospital, clinic and cancer center in La Crosse and a clinic on Theater Road in Onalaska.
- La Crosse County to be home to Country Boom music festival
- Sport stacker makes helping kids with autism his mission
- Wisconsin creating elections security team, plan
- Democrat Vinehout to announce run for governor
- UW-Madison starts free tuition program for transfer students
- Oktoberfest Medallion Hunt 2017
- Downtown La Crosse to gain distillery, first of its kind
- Wisconsin credit union launches class action against Equifax
- Public weighs in on La Crosse Center renovation designs
- Jackson Co. suspect accused of trying to hide drugs