ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic Health System announced Monday it finalized the purchase of 187.4 acres of land near Sand Lake Road in Onalaska.
The Clinic said it does not have an immediate plan for the use of the land, but it provides an opportunity to do long-range planning for the future.
The organization is "seeking ways that we can work differently, provide care differently, and broaden access to health care for everyone in the area," Mayo Clinic Health System spokesman Rick Thiesse said in a statement.
The organization will meet with community and business leaders and seek input from its patients.
Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare has a hospital, clinic and cancer center in La Crosse and a clinic on Theater Road in Onalaska.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration