ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - Mayo Clinic Health System announced Monday it finalized the purchase of 187.4 acres of land near Sand Lake Road in Onalaska.
The Clinic said it does not have an immediate plan for the use of the land, but it provides an opportunity to do long-range planning for the future.
The organization is "seeking ways that we can work differently, provide care differently, and broaden access to health care for everyone in the area," Mayo Clinic Health System spokesman Rick Thiesse said in a statement.
The organization will meet with community and business leaders and seek input from its patients.
Mayo Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare has a hospital, clinic and cancer center in La Crosse and a clinic on Theater Road in Onalaska.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns