MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - A May trial has been scheduled for a 36-year-old man accused of strangling a Mason City woman last year.
Aaron Harris has pleaded not guilty to a first-degree murder charge. Authorities say he killed 40-year-old Sarah Winters on July 10. Her body was discovered in a Mason City apartment.
The trial is scheduled to begin on May 14 in Cerro Gordo County District Court.
A hearing is scheduled April 1 to review the prior representation by the Office of the Public Defender of a witness in Harris' case. Harris' attorney is public defender Susan Flander.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?