MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin residents who want to be protected from unsolicited telemarketing phone calls and text messages have until the end of the month to sign up for the state's `no call' list.
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection says if you've already been on the list, you need to re-register every two years to stay on it. Consumers who add their names to the list by May 31st will be protected from solicitors starting July 1.
The free service includes land lines and cell phones. The list is updated four times a year -- Jan. 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct. 1.
To add your residential landline or cell phone to the list, call 1-866-9NO-CALL (1-866-966-2255) -- or visit http://nocall.wisconsin.gov.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse