MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin residents who want to be protected from unsolicited telemarketing phone calls and text messages have until the end of the month to sign up for the state's `no call' list.
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection says if you've already been on the list, you need to re-register every two years to stay on it. Consumers who add their names to the list by May 31st will be protected from solicitors starting July 1.
The free service includes land lines and cell phones. The list is updated four times a year -- Jan. 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct. 1.
To add your residential landline or cell phone to the list, call 1-866-9NO-CALL (1-866-966-2255) -- or visit http://nocall.wisconsin.gov.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team