LA CROSSE, Wis. - It was an opportunity to escape the winter weather, and take part in a traditional celebration.
The Mardis Gras Big Event was in full force at the La Crosse Center on Sunday.
It's a fundraiser for Aquinas Catholic Schools.
People attending could play a variety of games, watch musical performances, and a favorite for the kids, enjoy some time in the bounce houses.
The Rex King and Queen of the event say they came and checked out the event years ago and haven't missed a year since.
"We came down to see what it was all about had such a great time that we've been involved with it ever since. It's been 18 years now that we've been either at the ball or the event or both and just had a fantastic time," said Rex King of the Mardis Gras Big Event Terry Stika.18303216
The proceeds from this year will help Aquinas Catholic Schools fill gaps in their budget and provide scholarships for students.
It will also benefit local boy scout troops and parishes.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death