LA CROSSE, Wis. - It was an opportunity to escape the winter weather, and take part in a traditional celebration.
The Mardis Gras Big Event was in full force at the La Crosse Center on Sunday.
It's a fundraiser for Aquinas Catholic Schools.
People attending could play a variety of games, watch musical performances, and a favorite for the kids, enjoy some time in the bounce houses.
The Rex King and Queen of the event say they came and checked out the event years ago and haven't missed a year since.
"We came down to see what it was all about had such a great time that we've been involved with it ever since. It's been 18 years now that we've been either at the ball or the event or both and just had a fantastic time," said Rex King of the Mardis Gras Big Event Terry Stika.18303216
The proceeds from this year will help Aquinas Catholic Schools fill gaps in their budget and provide scholarships for students.
It will also benefit local boy scout troops and parishes.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership