FOND DU LAC, WI (AP) - Police say a man in Fond du Lac wasn't seriously injured when he was shot -- because his belt buckle stopped the bullet.
The Fond du Lac Reporter reports that the shooting happened early Saturday after an altercation.
Police say four shots were fired.
Fond du Lac Assistant Police Chief Steve Klein says a 30-year-old man was struck by a bullet -- but it hit his belt buckle instead of his body.
Police are still investigating what led to the shooting. Two men were arrested.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building