SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Police arrested a 21-year-old man from Mindoro after he told an officer he was "probably too drunk to drive" and failed several field sobriety tests, according to Sparta police.
At about 3:25 a.m. on Sunday, an officer spotted a vehicle with a lighting problem driving on Montgomery Street. Sparta police said when the officer got close to the vehicle, the driver made a series of turns as if trying to avoid the officer.
When the officer stopped the vehicle, Trevor Camden, of Mindoro, told police he was aware of the lighting problem and was "probably too drunk to drive," according to a police report. Camden failed several field sobriety tests and was arrested for OWI.
Camden was also cited for open intoxicants in a motor vehicle after a cup containing Southern Comfort was found in his cup holder. He was also issued municipal citations for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after an officer also found a small amount of marijuana and a marijuana grinder in Camden's car.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked