SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Police arrested a 21-year-old man from Mindoro after he told an officer he was "probably too drunk to drive" and failed several field sobriety tests, according to Sparta police.
At about 3:25 a.m. on Sunday, an officer spotted a vehicle with a lighting problem driving on Montgomery Street. Sparta police said when the officer got close to the vehicle, the driver made a series of turns as if trying to avoid the officer.
When the officer stopped the vehicle, Trevor Camden, of Mindoro, told police he was aware of the lighting problem and was "probably too drunk to drive," according to a police report. Camden failed several field sobriety tests and was arrested for OWI.
Camden was also cited for open intoxicants in a motor vehicle after a cup containing Southern Comfort was found in his cup holder. He was also issued municipal citations for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after an officer also found a small amount of marijuana and a marijuana grinder in Camden's car.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently