CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - A 51-year-old man made a plea deal with prosecutors before the second day of jury selection began in his Cedar Rapids kidnapping case.
The Gazette reports that William Roby pleaded guilty to kidnapping and sexual abuse charges after prosecutors lowered them. A sentencing date hasn't been set yet.
The newspaper says that in court on Tuesday, Roby admitted to holding a 62-year-old woman for nearly 10 hours on May 15, 2011, and sexually assaulting her. She also told police he threatened to kill her.
Police say Roby and the woman had dated in the past.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership