MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A man riding an electronic scooter was struck by a vehicle while crossing a highway in Monroe County Wednesday afternoon.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office said Warren Bennett of Oakdale suffered possible life-threatening injuries.
A rural Sparta woman had turned westbound on USH 12/16 from CTH PP and was looking in her rearview mirror at a vehicle that was quickly approaching her from behind, the Sheriff's Office said. When the driver looked forward again, she saw Bennett crossing USH 12/16 from the north side of the road on an electronic mobility device and was unable to avoid hitting him.
Bennett was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital by the Tomah Area Ambulance Service. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser