MONROE COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - A man riding an electronic scooter was struck by a vehicle while crossing a highway in Monroe County Wednesday afternoon.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office said Warren Bennett of Oakdale suffered possible life-threatening injuries.
A rural Sparta woman had turned westbound on USH 12/16 from CTH PP and was looking in her rearview mirror at a vehicle that was quickly approaching her from behind, the Sheriff's Office said. When the driver looked forward again, she saw Bennett crossing USH 12/16 from the north side of the road on an electronic mobility device and was unable to avoid hitting him.
Bennett was transported to Tomah Memorial Hospital by the Tomah Area Ambulance Service. There's no immediate word on his condition.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather