HINCKLEY, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say a man wanted on a felony warrant was shot and wounded by officers in Pine County before leading deputies on a brief chase.
Pine County sheriff's officials say a deputy and State Patrol trooper arrived at the man's home near Hinckley Sunday evening to arrest him for violating terms of his probation. Authorities say 29-year-old Louis Workman got in his vehicle and sped toward officers, who were on foot. The two officers fired several shots. One struck Workman in the hand.
He fled from the scene and was arrested about a mile away when he was forced into a ditch. Workman was taken to Essentia Hospital in Sandstone. The Star Tribune says the officers were not injured.
Workman was accused of violating his probation from a previous fleeing conviction.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance