LITTLE FALLS, Minn. (AP) - A Morrison County man has been arrested after he told police he shot and killed two teenagers who were allegedly breaking into his home on Thanksgiving Day.
The sheriff's department says police visited the man's home near Little Falls on Friday afternoon. Officers say 64-year-old Byron David Smith immediately confessed to killing two people about noon the previous day.
Deputies found the bodies of an 18-year-old woman and a 17-year-old boy in his basement.
he Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension says a preliminary investigation led authorities to arrest Smith for second-degree murder.
Morrison County Sheriff Michel Wetzel says people have every right to defend themselves
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted