LITTLE FALLS, Minn. (AP) - A Morrison County man has been arrested after he told police he shot and killed two teenagers who were allegedly breaking into his home on Thanksgiving Day.
The sheriff's department says police visited the man's home near Little Falls on Friday afternoon. Officers say 64-year-old Byron David Smith immediately confessed to killing two people about noon the previous day.
Deputies found the bodies of an 18-year-old woman and a 17-year-old boy in his basement.
he Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension says a preliminary investigation led authorities to arrest Smith for second-degree murder.
Morrison County Sheriff Michel Wetzel says people have every right to defend themselves
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals