WHEATON, Wis. (AP) - A 20-year-old man is dead after he lost control of a snowmobile and crashed into a tree in Wheaton.
The Chippewa Herald reports the crash happened Friday night on a public snowmobile trail.
The Chippewa County Sheriff's Department says the man was snowmobiling with three friends when he lost control and hit a tree.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor. Authorities say speed and the driver's unfamiliarity with the trail contributed to the crash.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified