WHEATON, Wis. (AP) - A 20-year-old man is dead after he lost control of a snowmobile and crashed into a tree in Wheaton.
The Chippewa Herald reports the crash happened Friday night on a public snowmobile trail.
The Chippewa County Sheriff's Department says the man was snowmobiling with three friends when he lost control and hit a tree.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor. Authorities say speed and the driver's unfamiliarity with the trail contributed to the crash.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- Biometric screening speeds check-in at Twin Cities airport
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney