WHEATON, Wis. (AP) - A 20-year-old man is dead after he lost control of a snowmobile and crashed into a tree in Wheaton.
The Chippewa Herald reports the crash happened Friday night on a public snowmobile trail.
The Chippewa County Sheriff's Department says the man was snowmobiling with three friends when he lost control and hit a tree.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor. Authorities say speed and the driver's unfamiliarity with the trail contributed to the crash.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says