MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A 69-year-old man in a Santa suit was apparently acting a little too jolly on Saturday, when authorities say he struck a Dane County Sheriff's deputy who was directing traffic.
The motorist dressed as Santa Claus was subsequently arrested for his 4th operating while intoxicated offense.
Authorities say the crash happened about 7:30 p.m. Saturday. A sheriff's deputy was sitting in an unmarked sheriff's sport utility vehicle while directing traffic on County Highway K in the town of Westport when he was rear-ended. The deputy suffered minor injuries.
Officials say the red-suited driver was returning from a holiday party at the American Legion in Westport.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US