MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A 69-year-old man in a Santa suit was apparently acting a little too jolly on Saturday, when authorities say he struck a Dane County Sheriff's deputy who was directing traffic.
The motorist dressed as Santa Claus was subsequently arrested for his 4th operating while intoxicated offense.
Authorities say the crash happened about 7:30 p.m. Saturday. A sheriff's deputy was sitting in an unmarked sheriff's sport utility vehicle while directing traffic on County Highway K in the town of Westport when he was rear-ended. The deputy suffered minor injuries.
Officials say the red-suited driver was returning from a holiday party at the American Legion in Westport.
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration