PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI - The Crawford County Sheriff's Office said the 28-year-old man found unconscious at an area campground on July 13 remains in critical condition.
Joshua Milligan, of Dubuque, Iowa, was found lying face down, unconscious in the gravel with apparent head wounds near the bathrooms on the campground area of the Rock on the River fest grounds.
The Crawford County Sheriff's Department said they now have two persons of interest in the case.
"The people we are looking at are acquaintances of the victim and are also from Dubuque, Iowa," said Crawford County Sheriff Dale McCullick.
Search warrants in both Iowa and Wisconsin have been conducted.
"This is an ongoing investigation and once completed all information and evidence gathered will be turned over to the Crawford County District Attorny's office for charges," Sheriff McCullick said.
After he was found on July 13, Milligan was taken to Prairie du Chien Hospital and later transported by Med Flight to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin