PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, WI - The Crawford County Sheriff's Office said the 28-year-old man found unconscious at an area campground on July 13 remains in critical condition.
Joshua Milligan, of Dubuque, Iowa, was found lying face down, unconscious in the gravel with apparent head wounds near the bathrooms on the campground area of the Rock on the River fest grounds.
The Crawford County Sheriff's Department said they now have two persons of interest in the case.
"The people we are looking at are acquaintances of the victim and are also from Dubuque, Iowa," said Crawford County Sheriff Dale McCullick.
Search warrants in both Iowa and Wisconsin have been conducted.
"This is an ongoing investigation and once completed all information and evidence gathered will be turned over to the Crawford County District Attorny's office for charges," Sheriff McCullick said.
After he was found on July 13, Milligan was taken to Prairie du Chien Hospital and later transported by Med Flight to Gundersen Health System in La Crosse.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather