GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - A man has died after his vehicle ended up in a Green Bay river while he was trying to back up.
The Press-Gazette Media reports the man was leaving Karen's Pub at about 5 p.m. Friday when he backed up in the parking lot and went down an embankment into the East River.
The Green Bay Police Department says the vehicle was fully submerged when emergency responders arrived.
The man's identity was not immediately released.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river