MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A man accused of a Town of Madison sexual assault 12 years ago has been arrested in Texas.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports 40-year-old Manual Camposeco is being held in the Travis County Jail awaiting extradition to Dane County to face trial.
According to police, a 13-year-old girl told officers in 2002 that Camposeco sexually assaulted her. But the charges were dropped after the girl didn't show up for court.
In April 2013, the girl contacted Madison police, saying back in 2002 she had been put on a bus alone, heading to Mexico, so she couldn't testify against Camposeco.
The case was reopened and Camposeco was arrested in October. But two weeks later he posted bail and fled. Law enforcement eventually tracked him down Wednesday in Austin, Texas.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.