MADISON, Wis. (AP) - A man accused of a Town of Madison sexual assault 12 years ago has been arrested in Texas.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports 40-year-old Manual Camposeco is being held in the Travis County Jail awaiting extradition to Dane County to face trial.
According to police, a 13-year-old girl told officers in 2002 that Camposeco sexually assaulted her. But the charges were dropped after the girl didn't show up for court.
In April 2013, the girl contacted Madison police, saying back in 2002 she had been put on a bus alone, heading to Mexico, so she couldn't testify against Camposeco.
The case was reopened and Camposeco was arrested in October. But two weeks later he posted bail and fled. Law enforcement eventually tracked him down Wednesday in Austin, Texas.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East