SWISHER, Iowa (AP) - A 31-year-old Cedar Rapids man is accused of shooting three horses at a pasture in eastern Iowa's Johnson County.
Online records say Ryan Grafft is being held in Johnson County Jail. Court records say Grafft is charged with criminal mischief, livestock abuse and other counts.
Cedar Rapids television station KCRG says one horse was killed and two wounded on Sunday afternoon at the pasture near Swisher. Johnson County Sheriff Lonny Pulkrabek (puhl-KRAH-behk) says the two wounded horses are expected to recover.
The horses' owner says he doesn't know Grafft. A criminal complaint says Grafft told investigators he doesn't know why he fired at the horses.
The sheriff says about 20 rifle shots were fired.
Grafft's attorney, Leon Spies, declined to comment Tuesday regarding the accusations against Grafft.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked