EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - A $5,000 bond was set for a 21-year-old Webster man accused of abusing a todder who was found with numerous injuries in an Eau Claire hotel room.
Eau Claire police were called to America's Best Value Inn on Tuesday, where they found marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a 2-year-old boy who had bruises and redness on his face, head and body.
Eau Claire Police Lt. Derek Thomas says the boy is the son of Riley's girlfriend, and that Riley was babysitting the child. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Riley, who police said admitted to hurting the child, was arrested and taken to the Eau Claire County Jail. Riley has been charged with the following offenses:
- Physical abuse of a child
- First degree recklessly endangering safety
- Possession of THC
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Businesses gather for discussion on possible new tax
- Students learn robotics at Trane in La Crosse
- The guitar that will build a La Crosse home
- Representative Kind hears from local voters in La Crosse
- Iowa House panel OKs medical marijuana oil bill
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help