EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - A $5,000 bond was set for a 21-year-old Webster man accused of abusing a todder who was found with numerous injuries in an Eau Claire hotel room.
Eau Claire police were called to America's Best Value Inn on Tuesday, where they found marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a 2-year-old boy who had bruises and redness on his face, head and body.
Eau Claire Police Lt. Derek Thomas says the boy is the son of Riley's girlfriend, and that Riley was babysitting the child. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Riley, who police said admitted to hurting the child, was arrested and taken to the Eau Claire County Jail. Riley has been charged with the following offenses:
- Physical abuse of a child
- First degree recklessly endangering safety
- Possession of THC
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota