EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - A $5,000 bond was set for a 21-year-old Webster man accused of abusing a todder who was found with numerous injuries in an Eau Claire hotel room.
Eau Claire police were called to America's Best Value Inn on Tuesday, where they found marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a 2-year-old boy who had bruises and redness on his face, head and body.
Eau Claire Police Lt. Derek Thomas says the boy is the son of Riley's girlfriend, and that Riley was babysitting the child. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Riley, who police said admitted to hurting the child, was arrested and taken to the Eau Claire County Jail. Riley has been charged with the following offenses:
- Physical abuse of a child
- First degree recklessly endangering safety
- Possession of THC
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program