LA CROSSE, Wis. - A 25-year-old La Crosse man was arrested early Friday morning after he led police on a short chase and crashed a stolen vehicle.
La Crosse police say they tried pulling Miguel Lopez over for not clearing snow off his windshield. That's when he led police on a short chase. After searching the car, police found 23.8 grams of heroin.
In 2005, Lopez was one of four men who were sentenced to five years in prison for the gang rape of a 16-year-old girl.
Lopez is being held in the La Crosse County Jail on the following charges: Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officer; Resisting or Obstruction an Officer; Operating While Intoxicated; Operating While Revoked; Hit and Run - Involve Injury; Theft; Probation Violation; Take and Drive Vehicle w/o Consent; Possess w/ Intent 0 Heroin (>10-50g)
Lopez appeared in La Crosse County court Friday afternoon where a judge set a $10,000 cash bond. The criminal complaint is expected to be released next Thursday.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers