LA CROSSE, Wis. - A 25-year-old La Crosse man was arrested early Friday morning after he led police on a short chase and crashed a stolen vehicle.
La Crosse police say they tried pulling Miguel Lopez over for not clearing snow off his windshield. That's when he led police on a short chase. After searching the car, police found 23.8 grams of heroin.
In 2005, Lopez was one of four men who were sentenced to five years in prison for the gang rape of a 16-year-old girl.
Lopez is being held in the La Crosse County Jail on the following charges: Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officer; Resisting or Obstruction an Officer; Operating While Intoxicated; Operating While Revoked; Hit and Run - Involve Injury; Theft; Probation Violation; Take and Drive Vehicle w/o Consent; Possess w/ Intent 0 Heroin (>10-50g)
Lopez appeared in La Crosse County court Friday afternoon where a judge set a $10,000 cash bond. The criminal complaint is expected to be released next Thursday.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns